Alturas Homes →
Application Deadline: 4/1/22
We are looking for a detail-oriented construction project coordinator to review construction documents, specifications, shop drawings, and renderings to create the pre-construction job start packet for residential projects. The project coordinator will work closely with the interior designers and drafters within the design department as well as collaborate with the purchasing, production, sales, and marketing teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Review the specifications, shop drawings, and renderings for projects, specifically focusing on quality, constructability, cohesiveness, accuracy and cost.
- Consistently deliver job start packets in a timely manner.
- Balance product usage and costs for projects.
- Prepare and coordinate permitting documents for projects.
- Update specifications and shop drawings per change order requests.
- Coordinate the handoff of pre-construction documentation to the production and marketing teams.
- Collaborate with team to design and improve plans.
- Coordinate with production team for onsite questions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Preferred experience as a project coordinator or similar position: 2+ years
- Prior industry experience preferred: 2-5 years.
- Preferred, but not required, a degree in construction management or relevant discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Bluebeam Revu preferred.
- Experience with Revit preferred but not required.
- Extensive communications skills for internal departments, external customers, and trade partners.
- Highly detailed, visually focused individual
- Exhibits a partnership mentality by collaborating with other teammates, management, and clients on a regular basis.
- Able to integrate projects into daily routines and see projects through completion.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Passionate about design and construction.
- Growth-minded with a desire to always improve in one’s role.
Environment: This role is primarily office-based and sedentary. This role will require finger dexterity for the use of a phone and computer, visual ability, and hearing.
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Construction Project Coordination: 2 years (Preferred)
Residential Building: 2 years (Preferred)
Bluebeam: 1 year (Preferred)